Cooking videos in here

Cooking videos in here
Click the pic to go on my YouTube Channel

Wednesday 28 August 2013

Classic Cherry Tomato and Basil Spegatti | Tomato Basil Spegatti



Last year on my holiday to Italy all I did was eat pasta and pizza, yes I was in heaven and be it Rome, Venice or Pisa every place I ate blew my mind away. I so need to go back !
 
Now everytime I make pasta I somehow feel I am missing out something and I just do not enjoy it until I got hold of the most classic, ridiculously easy and perfect recipe for cherry tomato and basil spegatti. If you love the classic Italian pasta which has the most simple and fresh ingredients then give this one a try, you will be smiling and will continue smiling for a long time I promise you.
 
Please try it you guys !
 
 
You need (for 2)
1/2 packet spegatti
1/4 cup freshly grated parmigiano reggiano  (only use freshly grated)
6 cloves garlic chopped
1tbs extra virgin olive oil to marinate the tomatoes
6/8 fresh basil leaves
2 tsp or to taste freshly grated pepper
1 tsp sugar
salt to taste
2 cups cherry tomatoes
1 tsp chili flakes
1 tbs regular olive oil to cook
 
 
Start by marinating the tomatoes with extra virgin olive oil, sugar, 2/3 basil leaves and 1 tsp salt.
Cover the bowl and keep it in the fridge for 2 hours, if you plan to cook it immediately at least give it 15 min to marinate in room temperature.

When you are ready to cook start boiling a pot of water and add in salt and a little oil, wait for a boil and then add in the spegatti. Cook according to instructions, mine took 9 min.

For the Sauce !
Add in regular olive in a pan and saute the garlic only till fragrant, quickly add in the marinated tomatoes and cover with a lid. The tomatoes will burst open and create a sauce so keep it covered for 4/6 min on a low heat.

Open the lid and saute for a min, add in salt, pepper and tear in few basil leaves.at this stage check for seasoning and add in salt, chili flakes and more sugar to balance the flavours.
You may cover it and cook for 2/3 min more if you want it completely mushy.

By now the spegatti will be cooked so drain it and add it to the sauce and toss to coat.
Serve it on a warm plate so it stays nice and hot, garnish with basil and the parmigiano.
You can also drizzle some extra virgin olive oil for some more flavour if you please.

Now your done ! Please serve it immediately !


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...