Cooking videos in here

Cooking videos in here
Click the pic to go on my YouTube Channel

Wednesday 2 April 2014

The Best Salmon Cakes Ever | Easy Salmon Cakes



I have tried quiet a few salmon cake recipes over the years and this one is my favourite, it always makes a great lunch or dinner with green salad on the side.
Just like all my recipes these salmon cakes are really easy to cook up too. I always feel salmon cakes need some texture, so instead of adding a ton of bread crumbs I add grated zucchini, sure you can skip it if you want it to be all salmon, but some how I feel the patties form better and stay crispy on the outside much longer by adding it.
These salmon cakes along with chili garlic sauce is our go to party appetizer too, totally delish !!
 
  
 
 
For 1 can salmon use 1 small grated zucchini, squeeze the water out of the zucchini and lightly saute with 2 large finely chopped garlic cloves, no need to add oil.

In a bowl add some melted butter, 1 tbs milk and add 2 tbs bread crumbs to this, mix well till the bread crumbs are well coated with the milk and butter.

 
We also need 1 tbs mayo, lemon zest, chopped coriander, 1 green chili, salt,1 tsp pepper and some sea food seasoning. mix everything well, use your fingers not a spoon.
If the mix is too dry add more mayo, always start with less mayo and add more if needed.

 
I use a mix of olive oil and butter to cook my salmon cakes, form patties with medium thickness, making them very thin can break these babies.


Cook them till light or medium brown, but you guys know me I like them a bit dark and super crispy. Do make these for lunch, dinner or to enjoy with drinks. They are lovely.

1 comment:

  1. Yummy it looks good, such posts always make my decision making easy to buy any product. Going to look for it in local market, hope I will get it, thanks for sharing the post

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...